|Title:||Team Leader - CNC Programmer - Night Shift|
The Team Leader - CNC Programmer / Machinist analyzes blueprints and drawings to determine machining configurations and suitability for CNC machining. Determines best practices for programming and operation of production CNC equipment. Responsible for programming machines, tooling and fixture setup, program optimization and product flow through the Production CNC cell. Maintains organized directories for current programs and operations.
Fully qualified as a Machinist, the successful incumbent has good working knowledge of part setups, feed rates and cutter speeds for a wide variety of part and cutter materials.
The CNC Programmer / Machinist has a working practical knowledge of machining properties and characteristics for a wide variety of materials including ferrous and non- ferrous metals, plastics, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Program Emmegi CNC machines for best equipment utilization based on
• Operate Emmegi CNC machines for production.
• Set-up tooling, fixturing, and programs for efficient and accurate part production; clearly provide instructions for operators to perform the machining functions.
• Maintain current programs for all production parts machined.
• Maintain a database of programs and setup instructions for commonly produced parts
• Optimize programs for greatest efficiency.
• Perform or direct routine maintenance for operator care.
» Evaluate tooling needs and order necessary tooling.
• Optimize directory structure for greatest efficiency.
• Maintain inventory of necessary tooling and order replacement tooling when
Leads team of production CNC operators
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Technical school training in machining and tooling 4 years experience in manual and CNC machining.
Basic English language skills
Knowledge of trigonometry and geometry
Ability to visualize completed product
Ability to determine steps necessary to produce components.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
None required. Joumeyperson certificate preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to stand for long periods of time Must be able to lift 50 lbs. regularly
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Non-Climate controlled plant floor environment.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: