PGT Custom Windows + Doors is seeking a dynamic, detail orientated Human Resources Generalist to join our company who is passionate about employees and dedicated to fostering solid employee relations in a diverse culture. The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for providing support in all functional areas of HR, with a strong focus on employee relations.
Essential Job Duties:
- In conjunction with Human Resources leadership and client group leadership, manage the organizational plan for designated client groups, including developing and updating job descriptions, determining skills and competencies required for specific jobs, and determining developmental/promotional opportunities within job families and functional areas.
- Counsels leaders and employees about on-the-job and formal training opportunities to develop new skills and prepare for advancement.
- In partnership with HRBP and Workforce Development, develops, coordinates and conducts new leader and Human Resources training (i.e. Annual Compliance Training).
- Participates in new employee orientation through onboarding and presenting policies.
- Supports Talent Acquisitions Team at on-site and off-site recruitment events. Conducts interviews using Targeted Selection.
- Conducts exit interviews.
- Monitors and analyzes turnover to develop, recommend and implement strategies to improve employee retention. Counsels leaders in implementing retention strategies.
- Assists in the development of human resources policies.
- Assists client group leaders in employee relations investigations, such as disciplinary procedures and appropriate corresponding paperwork/documentation.
- Provides policy and procedure explanation to those responsible for supervising others, new employees and current employees, as necessary.
- Responds to, and supports, Company’s position in unemployment claims.
- Coordinates and monitors discretionary leaves of absence, including FMLA, for employees.
- Partners with HRBP for the interactive process to identify employment options, with or without accommodation in conformity with ADA, for employees.
- Communicates with employees as required in resolving conflicts and acting as a mediator in facilitating resolution.
- Assists leaders in identifying, documenting and communicating results and deficiencies in performance. Reviews performance appraisals and action plans and provides feedback to leaders prior to communicating with employees.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Human Resource Management or related field.
- Three to five (3-5) years’ experience in human resources or related field.
- Knowledge of appropriate legislation pertaining to employment (both Federal and State law), compensation and benefits and other related human resources functions.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and the ability to build rapport with all staff levels required.
- Ability to integrate data from interviews in order to make appropriate employment decisions.
- Ability to coordinate multiple and changing priorities.
- Must be comfortable working in high-volume and fast-pace environment.
- Willing to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends, as needed to support operations.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: