This position supports the PGT SCADA system - a 24x7 real time operations data collection system - by developing and implementing systems and processes that capture, record, display and analyze data from plant devices and systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participates in all phases of a SCADA systems implementation including but not limited to development, design, testing, installation, startup, and support.
- Installs, services, maintains and troubleshoots a variety of SCADA devices in new and existing systems and equipment.
- Develop graphical interfaces, reports and alerts using SCADA software, databases and web reporting.
- Configures, maintains and monitors SCADA network equipment and services.
- Develops standards, procedures, guidelines, and manuals. Maintains records, documents, and data.
- Works with various customers including maintenance, manufacturing, engineering and leadership to support and enhance their utilization of plant data.
- Assists coordination of service interruption communications to customers and other staff.
- Continually evaluates current system capabilities and limitations, and makes recommendations for future growth and development.
- Conducts training as it relates to SCADA systems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to understand and apply the National Electrical Code
- Experience in electrical safety, including but not limited to OSHA and NFPA 70E
- Development experience with industrial PLC and HMI hardware and software.
- Development experience within SCADA platforms.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and network components
- Knowledge of industrial protocols and interfaces such as Ethernet/IP, PROFIBUS. Modbus / Modbus TCP. PROFINET, OPC UA.
- Programming experience in C++, VBA, .NET or similar.
- Relational database experience in MSSQL or similar platforms.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Candidates possessing a BSEE, BSCS, or similar degree are preferred.
- Candidates possessing an Associate's Degree in computer science, electronics, or a related field with (3) years of experience in SCADA / or IT systems field will also be considered.
LANGUAGE / COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with internal and external groups with different levels of technological knowledge
- Knowledge of basic math (addition, subtraction, multiplication)
- Understanding of advanced math (algebra, and statistical analysis)
- Understanding of boolean logic and numbering systems (binary, octal, hexadecimal)
- Ability to multitask
- Problem solving skills with unstructured information
- Strong ability to research
- Excellent analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to diagnose problems and determine potential solutions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Usual office environment with frequent sitting, walking, and standing, and occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and balancing.
- Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of office machinery.
- Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
- Employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision to see computer screens and monitor equipment. Work throughout non-climate controlled manufacturing buildings and air-conditioned offices.
Ability to travel occasionally domestically.
Occasional: Activity exists less than 1/3 of the time.
Frequent: Activity exists 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: